I apologize if my comments implied that your code was inferior. That was nerver
my point. I do not have problem interpreting code with ink? indicators (i have
been programming in RPG since 84 so I have seen a lot of them). But one key
point I noted in your response, and I think it is the main problem with the
ink? thing, is that those indicators could have been named better. In fact all
the different alternate technique presented share the goal of giving a more
meaningfull name than *INKC for the F3 key.

Denis Robitaille
Directeur services techniques
Cascades Inc
819 363 5187

>>> rbaird@esourceconsulting.com 03/19/02 10:56am >>>

Denis,

I used the template as a convenience and I haven't used it since moving to
PCs many years ago.

I have to say, if this is so difficult for you, whatever would you do if
you ran across a program that used the K indicators?  replace all
references to them with the aid byte before you'd touch it?

I just don't get the controversy....  it's not that tough!  it's nothing
more than a reserved binary flag that has one (and only one) meaning! every
language has similar (though admittedly better named) constructs.  It's
part of the language syntax!

I don't begrudge your using the aid byte or named indicators.  Both are
fine methods of achieving the same thing.  I only resent the fact that my
code is somehow inferior.