James

First just to clarify my switch, Its declared as a char string of 8 and set to
a value of '00000000' which means off.
What does the name of the program have to do with anything (no I'm not calling
a CL Program I just got a little
finger happy when I was typing?  We have our own naming conventions here and It
shouldn't matter to you what
those program names are.  I posted this in hope of finding out how the switch
controlled my program.  Due to some
other nice programmers that were willing to help, I got my answer, instead of
them telling me what a stupid question
that was, that is what this forum is all about.  I never worked with switches
before and I didn't know that it used
U1 -8 indicators in the program.  That answered my question. Next time try to
understand that this is a forum
where people could ask for answers, even if they are dumb questions. Some of us
started out using RPGIII
and just don't get some things that we find in 10 year old programs.  I only
ask that you have a little more work
ethic when people ask a question. Some of us haven't been programming for ten
or twenty years or however
long you've been programming.  Lets please keep this forum clean so no one (no
matter how stupid it may seem
to you) won't be afraid to ask a question and get replies like this one.

Thanks
Troy C. Dills

                    "James W.

                    Kilgore"                 To:     RPG400-L@midrange.com

                    <qappdsn@attgloba        cc:

                    l.net>                   Subject:     Re: Switches

                    Sent by:

                    owner-rpg400-l@mi

                    drange.com

                    07/10/2001 01:09

                    PM

                    Please respond to

                    RPG400-L

Troy,

Stupid question:  Does program MSG7AECL use ... wait a minute, at first I was
going to ask if your RPG program used the Ux
indicators to test switches, but since this program name ends with "CL" I have
to think that it is a CL program.  So here is my
-real- stupid question: Does MSG7AECL perform a RTVJOBA to determine the switch
settings?

OK, I get it that the program starts with "MSG" and must be a message type of
program, but what the heck is "7AE"? Version 7
American English?  I can understand that, but why, oh why, have it end with
"CL"?  What if you changed the function into a different
language?  Do you really want to revisit each and every program that uses this
just to change the program name to "MSG7AEJV"?  What
is wrong with "MSG7AE"?