Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. I guess I have a lot to learn
;-) -- maybe as much about activation groups as overrides, since I guess I
thought that unless I told it otherwise an ILE program would run in the
default activation group.

I'm still a little confused, though. The following always worked:

        . . .
        Call PgmB
        Override. . . .
        Call  PgmC
        Delete Override

but this didn't:

        . . .
        CallB PgmB
        Override. . . .
        Call PgmC
        Delete Override. . .

I got the second example to work by compiling PgmC to use *CALLER
activation group, so my new question is: why does replacing Call PgmB with
CallB PgmB cause PgmC to respond differently to the override?

(Maybe Gary Guthrie's article will explain this? I'm looking forward to
it!)

Mike Naughton
Senior Programmer/Analyst
Judd Wire, Inc.