CA = doesn't return all of the screen data --> Why would you do this: Network
traffic!
CF = will return all of the screen data

If you want the function, not the data on the screen, use CA.  Otherwise use
CF
     i.e. Cancel or Exit Fkeys

Of course this had greater meaning in the days when 2400 baud was fast :-)

                    booth@martinvt.co

                    m                        To:     RPG400-L@midrange.com

                    Sent by:                 cc:

                    owner-rpg400-l@mi        Subject:     RE: Cursor Position

                    drange.com

                    06/14/2001 04:38

                    PM

                    Please respond to

                    RPG400-L

Can someone explain any sort of rational reason for the existence of the CA
selection?  I've been bitten by it too when maintaining other people's code.

_______________________
Booth Martin
Booth@MartinVT.com
http://www.MartinVT.com
_______________________

   "DeLong, Eric"
   <EDeLong@Sallybeauty.com>               To:
   Sent by:                        "'RPG400-L@midrange.com'"
   owner-rpg400-l@midrange.com     <RPG400-L@midrange.com>
                                           cc:
                                           Subject:        RE: Cursor
   06/14/2001 02:27 PM             Position
   Please respond to RPG400-L

In addition to these tips, I *think* I got bit by the CAxx/CFxx problem
once. I had inadvertently coded F4 as CA04 and the cursor location data was
not returned to the program. I have always coded F4 as CF04 ever since, so I
can't say if that was changed later.

hth,

Eric DeLong
Sally Beauty Company