I'm so glad I'm not the only one who hangs on to my books ... and for all
the same reasons you mentioned!  (Curling up in bed with a laptop just
isn't the same!)

Jim Langston <jimlangston@conexfreight.com>@midrange.com on 04/16/2001
02:59:19 PM

Please respond to RPG400-L@midrange.com

Sent by:  owner-rpg400-l@midrange.com

To:   RPG400-L@midrange.com
cc:

Subject:  Re: UIM apprentice...

When I buy a dead tree edition, I can peruse it at my leisure.  I can have
it
on my desk and flip to the index and look up stuff I remember being there.
I can take it with me when I, umm..., use the facilities.

Even thought I have a laptop, it is connected to my monitor, keyboard,
mouse,
power supply, external floppy and speakers.  It's not something I take with
me
everywhere, which I can easily do with a book.

Also, I read in bed at night before I got to sleep and have a lamp on a
table
low enough so it doesn't disturb my wife.  And since I lay on my side, not
my
back, it is easy to have a book on the bed beside me reading it.  My home
computer is not portable and is in the dining room.

Also, it is much easier for me to read a book, even thought I have been
staring
at CRT screens for 27 years.  I can flip through the pages of a book and
find
what I am looking for much faster than on a computer.

As for a printable edition, I printed out the DDS reference so I could read
it
for subfiles.  Then I took it to the copier and copied from 1 to 2 sided.
But
it's still not bound and not that easy to take with me, no cover to protect
it,
etc...

I dunno, why did Captain Picard like dead tree editions?  <grin>

Regards,

Jim Langston

RPG400-L-UNSUB@midrange.com.
david@midrange.com