On 12-Feb-2014 13:23 -0800, Don Cavaiani wrote:
Here is the file.

AFaIK the list software strips attachments before forwarding the message to the other subscribers of the list. A possible exception, I believe, is made for any text-file; though perhaps only those text files included with the extension .txt?

A non-text-file would need to be stored somewhere whence someone could download [perhaps requiring specific instructions]. Otherwise a copy of the file encoded as text [UUENCODE] or written as hexadecimal digits could be offered as a means to reveal the contents of the binary file, while still using text. There are a number of online tools that could do either; or any "hex editor" or any editor that can present the data as hexadecimal digits is one means. The problem with a web-based utility is finding one that allows drag&drop or upload of the file vs pasting data from the copy buffer; the latter capability implies an ability to get the contents of the file into the copy buffer, but using an editor on a binary file can be problematic in that regard, because there is not a universal\distinct means to represent the binary data such that whatever would be copied from the editor's window would be suspect. I had used a web-based tool that allowed me to drag&drop a document, and the utility would present the hex stream... but I seem to recall that resided on rishida.net [from people.w3.org/rishida/tools] but that tooling was since taken offline due to some hackers trashing the author's site :-( While not producing just a stream of the hexadecimal, either DMP of the stream file or a DMPOBJ of the User Space into which the BINARY [IMAGE] data was FTP PUT from the PC File to an IBM i would also provide the actual hexadecimal code-points of the data in the PC File.