On 2/2/2012 3:58 PM, Vern Hamberg wrote:
David

I'm not sure about Max vs guaranteed - at home I have a higher speed
Comcast Internet service - Ultra! 22Mbps is what it's called,
guaranteed, so far as I know. It says up to 30Mbps on the bill. We
typically get 33Mbps down. And I'm on a 100Mbps network connection at
home, not gigabit.

At work we just got all the developers on gigabit, and we have Comcast
Business - here's my results - nasty fasty!!

*http://tinyurl.com/6uplrfg

I mean, 50Mbps is obscene! What seems odd is the high ping time - at
home it's typically no more than 20ms.

Later - or earlier, at these speeds!

Don't count on those speeds. I have the middle-of-the-road Comcast home service and I get 15MB down on a good day. On a bad day I'm lucky to get 5MB. It really does depend on the load. Right now, I'm getting good solid high speed about 60% of the time. The rest of the time slopes downward from there all the way to horrible (usually when I need to get something done).

Joe