I'll keep that in mind if I need to go there. I don't think I should have to recovery any data though. Time will tell.

-----Original Message-----
From: pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Tom Jedrzejewicz
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2010 7:17 PM
To: PC Technical Discussion for iSeries Users
Subject: Re: [PCTECH] Disk crash - Trying to install Ghosted backup

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 12:28 PM, <Rick.Chevalier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Tom,

I'm not really trying to recover data. I have a mirrored drive of the one that failed. I just need to be able to update the registry. Could that be done from a SpinRite boot disk? I'm also a little concerned about a software product that hasn't been updated since 2004.

No. SpinRite may be able to recover the data from damaged portions of the disk.

---------
Tom Jedrzejewicz
tomjedrz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx