I am trying this:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx
and it seems to have promise. I went into View, Select Columns and added
several dealing with I/O. I'll keep an eye on this for the next reboot.

How do I tell what kind of drive do I have? Like, RPMs etc

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name GDSL61
System Manufacturer LENOVO
System Model 2613L4U
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6 GenuineIntel ~1995 Mhz
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6 GenuineIntel ~1995 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date LENOVO 79ETC9WW (2.09 ), 12/22/2006
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2765
(xpsp.050928-1517)"
User Name DEKKO-1\rob
Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time
Total Physical Memory 2,048.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 718.95 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 3.85 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Description Disk drive
Manufacturer (Standard disk drives)
Model HTS541080G9SA00
Bytes/Sector 512
Media Loaded Yes
Media Type Fixed	hard disk media
Partitions 2
SCSI Bus 0
SCSI Logical Unit 0
SCSI Port 1
SCSI Target ID 0
Sectors/Track 63
Size 74.53 GB (80,023,265,280 bytes)
Total Cylinders 10,337
Total Sectors 156,295,440
Total Tracks 2,480,880
Tracks/Cylinder 240
Partition Disk #0, Partition #0
Partition Size 70.01 GB (75,177,091,584 bytes)
Partition Starting Offset 32,256 bytes
Partition Disk #0, Partition #1
Partition Size 4.51 GB (4,846,141,440 bytes)
Partition Starting Offset 75,177,123,840 bytes

Rob Berendt