DSM plug-in.  To use the DSM plug-in  you need to copy the file:
From: C:\Program Files\UltraVNC\plugin\msrc4plugin.dsm
To:     C:\Program Files\UltraVNC\msrc4plugin.dsm

Then right click on the icon in the system tray called WinVNC.
Choose Admin Properties.
Put a check mark by "Use" under the heading DSM Plugin.
Click Config.
Select 128 bit at the bottom.
Select Genkey.  It will ask you for some unique info to generate your
own key.
Click Ok.
Click the arrow in the box next to Genkey and you should see the
plugin.  msrc4plugin.dsm
Select it.
Put a password in the password field.

Don't share this generated key with anyone.  You will need to get a
copy of this key to the other PC.  Because I don't want anyone else
getting into my PC's I don't email it unless I zip it up with a password
and I use a High Encryption Zip program.  The regular password
protected zip people can crack.
On the other PC just copy the generated key into the program
directory:
C:\Program Files\UltraVNC\
Then copy the plug-in into the program directory just like above and
select it just like the other PC.

To connect with the WinVNC server running on the remote PC.  On
the local PC click on the icon Ultr@VNC Viewer.  Put a check mark
into Use DSM Plug-in.  Put either an IP address or a domain name
into VNC Server box.  An example from your house would be:
YourWorkDomain.com

They should connect without a problem every time without fail.

If you have any problems just ask.

If you aren't concerned about security from your house you can add
some command line options to the icon Ultr@VNC Viewer.  In the
command line I like to have it automatically use the DSM plug-in,
include my password and use the lower video resolution for faster
response times.  To do that I have:
"C:\Program Files\UltraVNC\vncviewer.exe" /8bit /password (enter
one space and your password) /dsmplugin "MSRC4plugin.DSM"

Of course you can include what ever you like to be comfortable.
There is one space before each /.

Things you don't need to worry about now but may be nice to know
for the future.  I have more than one PC setup at some locations.
There are two ways to make that work.  You can install the repeater
that is included in the package or you can use the method I use.  I
set each PC with a static IP address.  In the router I forward a
different port to each different PC.  Example on the server side:
PC 1 = port 5900 with IP address 1
PC 2 = port 5901 with IP address 2
PC 3 = port 5902 with IP address 3
In your router its easy to forward each port to a different IP address.
On the viewer side when you want to connect to PC 1 the address
could be:
www.YourWorkDomain.com
or
YourWorkDomain.com     If that works
or
YourWorkDomain.com:5900
For PC 2 the address could be:
YourWorkDomain.com:5901

If something isn't clear let me know.  There is a lot of information
about UltraVNC in Google.  There is also a forum available.

Gary Kuznitz

On 9 Sep 2005 at 12:06, Dan (Dan <pctech@xxxxxxxxxxxx>) commented about Re:
[PCTECH] Remote Desktop and VPN issues: