On Wed, May 12, 2021 at 2:43 AM <n.sakaida@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

After removing 5733OPS, I installed YUM by referring to the following
site in order to migrate to the YUM package.

https://ibmi-oss-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/yum/README.html#ibm-i-7-1-install-instructions-experimental-not-supported

But, when I run YUM from QP2TERM, I get the error "Illegal instruction (
core dump)".
Executed command "/QOpenSys/pkgs/bin/yum --help"

As I tried to explain, and as the link tries to make clear, yum is not
guaranteed to work on 7.1. You probably need some PTF (or maybe a few)
that updates 7.1. I think that is the situation I was in when my
workplace was on 7.1. I don't remember which PTF(s), and I haven't
been able to find it by searching. But Kevin Adler may remember (or be
able to find it again). If you try searching yourself, you will not be
able to figure it out by looking at the PTF descriptions. You have to
find the conversation that Kevin and I had which discusses my problems
getting yum to work on 7.1.

I also told you that you should have quit while you were ahead. What I
meant by that is: If you had 5733-OPS Python 3.4 working, you really
should have just kept it. Hopefully you can go back to it if the yum
thing doesn't work out for you. Or better yet, you will update the
operating system soon, and then yum will work fine.

John Y.