Where do I find the mkdocs config file?

On 12/21/2020 4:56 PM, Kevin Adler wrote:
Looks like it's getting the error when it tries to load a plugin that is
specified in your configuration. What's in your mkdocs config file? I
suspect the problem is livereload.
----
Kevin Adler
Software Development - Open Source, PASE, IBM i Access ODBC
IBM Systems, Dept 0NB
Phone: +1-507-253-5111
Email: kadler@xxxxxxxxxx
015-3 C117
2800 37th St NW
Rochester, MN 55901-4441
United States

----- Original message -----
From: DSchmidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: "OpenSource" <opensource-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: IBMi Open Source Roundtable <opensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [IBMiOSS] Python, ACS, Open Source and MKDocs
Date: Mon, Dec 21, 2020 4:42 PM
I've never used MkDocs and I've only been half reading all the messages,
so this may not be an issue but the IP you have here: "serve
--dev-addr=0.0.0.8555" is not valid.

- David

From:   Joe Pluta <joepluta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:     opensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date:   12/21/2020 02:31 PM
Subject:        Re: [IBMiOSS] Python, ACS, Open Source and MKDocs
Sent by:        "OpenSource" <opensource-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Thanks Kevin.  Following is the stack I posted early on in this
conversations.  Meanwhile I'll try to run the pip3 list on both
machines.

serve --dev-addr=0.0.0.8555
INFO    -  Building documentation...
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/QOpenSys/pkgs/bin/mkdocs", line 11, in <module>
     sys.exit(cli())
   File "/QOpenSys/pkgs/lib/python3.6/site-packages/click/core.py", line
829, in __call__
     return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
   File "/QOpenSys/pkgs/lib/python3.6/site-packages/click/core.py", line
782, in main
     rv = self.invoke(ctx)
   File "/QOpenSys/pkgs/lib/python3.6/site-packages/click/core.py", line
1259, in invoke
     return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
   File "/QOpenSys/pkgs/lib/python3.6/site-packages/click/core.py", line
1066, in invoke
     return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
   File "/QOpenSys/pkgs/lib/python3.6/site-packages/click/core.py", line
610, in invoke
     return callback(*args, **kwargs)
   File "/QOpenSys/pkgs/lib/python3.6/site-packages/mkdocs/__main__.py",
line 136, in serve_command
     **kwargs
   File
"/QOpenSys/pkgs/lib/python3.6/site-packages/mkdocs/commands/serve.py",
line 141, in serve
     config = builder()
   File
"/QOpenSys/pkgs/lib/python3.6/site-packages/mkdocs/commands/serve.py",
line 129, in builder
     **kwargs
   File
"/QOpenSys/pkgs/lib/python3.6/site-packages/mkdocs/config/base.py", line
197, in load_config
     errors, warnings = cfg.validate()
   File
"/QOpenSys/pkgs/lib/python3.6/site-packages/mkdocs/config/base.py", line
107, in validate
     run_failed, run_warnings = self._validate()
   File
"/QOpenSys/pkgs/lib/python3.6/site-packages/mkdocs/config/base.py", line
62, in _validate
     self[key] = config_option.validate(value)
   File
"/QOpenSys/pkgs/lib/python3.6/site-packages/mkdocs/config/config_options.py",

line 131, in validate
     return self.run_validation(value)
   File
"/QOpenSys/pkgs/lib/python3.6/site-packages/mkdocs/config/config_options.py",

line 609, in run_validation
     plgins[item] = self.load_plugin(item, cfg)
   File
"/QOpenSys/pkgs/lib/python3.6/site-packages/mkdocs/config/config_options.py",

line 617, in load_plugin
     Plugin = self.installed_plugins[name].load()
   File
"/QOpenSys/pkgs/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py",
line 2302, in load
     self.require(*args, **kwargs)
   File
"/QOpenSys/pkgs/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py",
line 2325, in require
     items = working_set.resolve(reqs, env, installer,
extras=self.extras)
   File
"/QOpenSys/pkgs/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py",
line 860, in resolve
     raise VersionConflict(dist, req).with_context(dependent_req)
pkg_resources.ContextualVersionConflict: (tornado 6.1
(/QOpenSys/pkgs/lib/python3.6/site-packages),
Requirement.parse('tornado<6'), {'livereload'})
mvxjp@DEV:/mkdocs/TestProject$

On 12/21/2020 4:32 PM, Kevin Adler wrote:
>     Jack, this answer is as helpful as "RTFM and you'll figure it out"
>
>     Looking at requirements.txt / setup.py of every single package is
wild
>     goose chase. These files are not installed, but only in the
filesystem
>     temporarily (if building from a source distribution) or never (if
>     installing from a wheel). Not to mention the files are all under a
crazy
>     cache directory structure in a hidden directory...
>
>     Regardless, the whole point of setup.py is to tell *pip* what the
>     dependencies are and let it firgure out all that nonsense. If pip
>     installed everything without errors, _it should be good_. Yet
there's a
>     problem... so why didn't pip catch it? Because it's a RUNTIME
PROBLEM. It
>     can be seen in the stack that he posted:
>
>        File

"/QOpenSys/pkgs/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py",
>     line 860, in resolve
>          raise VersionConflict(dist, req).with_context(dependent_req)
>     pkg_resources.ContextualVersionConflict: (tornado 6.1
>     (/QOpenSys/pkgs/lib/python3.6/site-packages),
>     Requirement.parse('tornado<6'), {'livereload'})
>

>     Some package is calling setuptools (pkg_resources is part of
setuptools)
>     at runtime and that's when the error is found. We need to see the
rest of
>     the stack to see _who_ called setuptools though.
>

>     In addition, Joe you can run "pip3 list" to compare your WSL and
IBM
>     environments.

MKDocs

<joepluta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>       wrote:
>
>       > And this is where things get difficult for me.  Where exactly
do
>       look
>       > for these files?  Because I'm having the devil of a time
finding
>       > anything like the two you mention.
>       >
>
>       The whole system is complicated. There's thousands of pages
about
this
>       stuff on the web. Setuptools is explained in the Python
documentation.
>       The two files would be in the module package which is downloaded
>       automatically for you by pip and stored in a disk cache
directory.
All
>       the
>       packages you have pip installed are there still if you want to
unzip
>       them
>       and look.
>       If a module tells you it wants some version, believe it. Create
>       virtual
>       environment and install it there.
>       --
>       Jack Woehr
>       Absolute Performance, Inc.
>       12303 Airport Way, Suite 100
>       Broomfield, CO 80021
>
>       NON-DISCLOSURE NOTICE:  This communication including any and all
>       attachments is for the intended recipient(s) only and may
contain
>       confidential and privileged information.  If you are not the
intended
>       recipient of this communication, any disclosure, copying further
>       distribution or use of this communication is prohibited.  If you
>       received
>       this communication in error, please contact the sender and
>       delete/destroy
>       all copies of this communication immediately.
>       --
>       This is the IBMi Open Source Roundtable (OpenSource) mailing
list
>       Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives
>       at [2][2]https://archive.midrange.com/opensource  ;.
>
>       Help support midrange.com by shopping at amazon.com with our
affiliate
>       link: [3][3]https://amazon.midrange.com
>

> References
>
>     Visible links
>     1. [4]https://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/opensource
>     2. [5]https://archive.midrange.com/opensource
>     3. [6]https://amazon.midrange.com/

at [8]https://archive.midrange.com/opensource ;.

link: [9]https://amazon.midrange.com

This electronic message transmission, including any attachments,
contains information from MESVision that may be confidential or
privileged.  The information is intended to be for the use of the
individual or entity named above.  If you are not the intended
recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of
the contents of this information is prohibited.

If you received this electronic transmission in error, please notify the
sender immediately by a "reply to sender only" message and destroy all
electronic and hard copies of the communication, including attachments.
at [11]https://archive.midrange.com/opensource ;.

link: [12]https://amazon.midrange.com