Excellent, you're embarked on your journey following the Yellow Brick Road!

On Fri, Dec 18, 2020 at 9:56 AM Joe Pluta <joepluta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Even that below isn't quite right. may have missed something, but it
looks like there are two python3 installations, which is what Kevin was
trying to tell me. So after a few false starts, I ended up with this as
my .bashrc:

PKGS=/QOpenSys/pkgs
PATH=$PKGS/bin:$PATH
TERM=xterm
OBJECT_MODE=64
PS1='\u@\h:\w\$ '
export PATH TERM OBJECT_MODE PS1

That works perfectly. (Technically I didn't need the environment
variable PKGS, but I left it there in case I want to add other things to
my path). Then, I had to battle through whatever else I need to get
MKDocs installed. The first thing I had to do was yum install gcc.
Then I did pip3 install mkdocs and that worked.

On to testing! Thanks for everyone's help so far!