"OpenSource" <opensource-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 07/14/2016
11:22:36 AM:

From: Aaron Bartell <aaronbartell@xxxxxxxxx>
To: IBMi Open Source Roundtable <opensource@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 07/14/2016 11:23 AM
Subject: Re: [IBMiOSS] IBM i python ibm_db_dbi example usage
Sent by: "OpenSource" <opensource-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Yeah, I misspoke there. 2.0.5.1 was the version of ibm_db (and
ibm_db_dbi)
that originally shipped. The changes to make ibm_db_dbi work properly
for
IBM i went in to 2.0.5.2 (SI58191).

I was able to get the latest version of Python and ibm_db installed on
Litmis Spaces if anyone wants to give it a try. The "None" for username
and password works. If you have an existing Python Space you will need
delete it and create a new one. To get ibm_db to work I had to run this
command, not sure if this is normally necessary.

pip install
/QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/OPS/Python-pkgs/ibm_db/ibm_db-2.0.5.4-cp34-
cp34m-os400_powerpc.w
hl

After applying a Python package PTF you have an additional step to
actually install the package. See
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/IBM%20i%20Technology%20Updates/page/Installing%20shipped%20add-ons

Note that you only installed the ibm_db package for Python 2, for Python 3
you must use pip3 to install it (and it's a different wheel).

Note to self, I should probably put this information in the Customer
Instructions when I build the PTFs. :)