From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Birgitta Hauser
Sent: Friday, 26 July 2024 13:54
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion' <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: is this the correct understanding for commitment control running in ILE?

Jay,
Dieter Bender (D*B) says it ... and Dieter always lives in a "perfect world"!
As I said it before as long as you do not have a 100% proper and well-designed Activation Group Design (and most companies don't have it!!!) and all commits and rollbacks only occur in a single Activation Group, you should not use Commitment Scope *JOB.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Birgitta Hauser
Modernization – Education – Consulting on IBM i Database and Software Architect IBM Champion since 2020

"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." (Les Brown) "If you think education is expensive, try ignorance." (Derek Bok) "What is worse than training your staff and losing them? Not training them and keeping them!"
"Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so they don't want to. " (Richard Branson) "Learning is experience … everything else is only information!" (Albert Einstein)