You don't need an HMC, until you do when things go wrong or the ACS does
not connect properly or, or, or.......(say when power drops and you need to
restart stuff, without being on site...)
Giving up 8Gb of memory (4gb for each vio on a small system like this) is
not that much given the flexibility you get.

Set up the systems the way you want, preferences matter. For me, having
complete control is far more important than a bit of memory. And since VIO
does not need to be in the IBM i processor pool it uses extra cores that
are ordinarily not used anyway.

--
Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect

On Wed, Jun 5, 2024 at 12:50 PM Roberto José Etcheverry Romero <