Generally I'm happy with doing it via support cases. Providing they reply in a timely manner. There are rare occasions when it's obvious that the other party has blinders on and I request a phone call.

Hardware is a cesspool. They're trying but it has a way to go. At least they are no longer tied to phone numbers. Because when you are running your data centers remotely with no phones on site and the Hardware guy drives up from Indy with a hard drive to a closed plant in Kendallville IN (26mi from Michigan) and you tell him he needs to keep driving to Grand Rapids and he tells you to sod off and he's going back to Indy. Oh, and I had got out of traction for my back, drove to Grand Rapids to do the job and ended up having to drive back the next day.
That was a day asking for the duty manager and even that being put on a call back, hours later, was not making me a happy camper.

And y'all have heard my horror stories about idiots, internal disk and vios. A big reason why I'm concerned that our BP is quoting internal NVMe for VIOS vs running that off of the SAN we're looking into.