The P05 systems are the 4 core boxes, I suspect given the description this is a 6 or 8 core system which would make it a P10. In either case, adding a core to the existing one will not change the P level.

What might be a slight added cost is if the system was ordered without all the cores activated, then there will be a charge for activating the hardware portion. Again, that’s not cost prohibitive.

Jim Oberholtzer
Agile Technology Architects

On Sep 28, 2022, at 4:34 PM, Don Brown via MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Are you on P05 or P10 licensing ?

If on P05 I think activating another processor will put you into P10 which
to me is significant cost.

Cheers

Don

From: "a4g atl" <a4ginatl2@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion"
<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 29/09/2022 04:55 AM
Subject: Re: Question on effectiveness of additional processors
Sent by: "MIDRANGE-L" <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Apologies, I missed the versions etc.
We are at 7.3 and very old PTF's Back to when the system was delivered I
think. Long before my time..

Our performance is not bad. But if the cost is reas, we may consider
another processor
Darryl.

On Wed, Sep 28, 2022 at 2:25 PM Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Jim's comments still stand.

What release(s) are you running?
Do you keep current on PTFs?
The reason I ask is that there are some charts in the New Navigator at
http://youribmi:2002/Navigator , Performance, Graph History which may
help
Then again I still get baffled by what is an acceptable page faulting. I
think that's an ever evolving number.

Group Dekko
Dept 1600
Mail to: 7310 Innovation Blvd, Suite 104
Ft. Wayne, IN 46818
Ship to: 7310 Innovation Blvd, Dock 9C
Ft. Wayne, IN 46818
http://www.dekko.com