Hi,

I just noticed that:-

it should be :-CREATE VIEW LIB1/V1 AS ( SELECT DIGITS((DEC(FIELD1*1000000)
+
(FIELD2*10000) + (FIELD3*100) + FIELD4,8,0)) AS MYDATE , A.* FROM
LIB1/FILE1 A)

Just missed that pair of parentheses before DEC and after Field4,8,0.

Rest all steps should be fine to understand why there is is difference of
record counts in the view and file?

Thanks