Hi,

When I ran WRKQRY based on this "In "Define result fields" you can, say,
define "theDate" as "field1 *
1000000 + field2*10000 + field3*100 + field4" and then use "theDate" in
"Select and sequence fields".

--->I got the query report the same as the SQL query in the file in terms
of records and record counts.

But The View count SQL query shows different record count than SQL Query
record count on the file ( the same file on which view is created)

So does this mean if the view is created on the PF (physical file) which
is formed using a Join SQL query's result ( like the sequence i shared in
my last post for file1) then View count could differ ?

Because it's happening i tested it without deleting any SQL query or file
and just tested the same like above WRKQRY built like above shows same
records like SQL query but the view( which is created on a physical file
which is formed as a result of join of other files like i mentioned in my
last post) when used in the WRKQRY shows different count both in WRKQRY
and in the STRSQL as well.

Also how would IBM i ACS be superior to traditional STRSQL here , I mean
what I can't do in STRSQL can do using IBM i ACS here?

Main point -- Why the view which is created on a physical file( physical
file which itself is created by joining two or more files like i shared in
my last post with SQL queries examples) shows much more records than the
file(file1 in my SQL queries examples 1.,2.,3,,4.)

is there a difference in a Physical file which is traditionally created by
defining it's DDS then compiling it then inserting records in it either
through UPDDTA or INSERT SQL queries than the Physical file which gets
created( i created this Physical file by doing SHIFT+ F1 - Change Session
Attributes - then SELECT output - 3= File then i gave output file name
and mentioned my library name over there ) as a result of joining two or
more files in STRSQL.

Thanks.