Hi,

i tried below suggestion as well:-

create or replace table lennons1.file1 (
field1 decimal (2 , 0),
field2 decimal (2 , 0),
field3 decimal (2 , 0),
field4 decimal (2 , 0)
)
;
insert into lennons1.file1
values
(19,98,12,25),
(00,01,12,31),
(99,99,12,31)
;

CREATE or replace VIEW lennons1.V1 AS (
SELECT
decimal(
(FIELD1*1000000) +
(FIELD2*10000) +
(FIELD3*100) +
FIELD4
,8,0) as mydate
,A.*
FROM lennons1.FILE1 A
)

View created here (V1) shows the correct record counts and the correct
records for this file (file1) here considering these inserted values here.
in file1.

Thanks.