My own take on this is simple, give me a way to call open source objects
from CL and a method to return variables.

It could be that the answer is for me to build a wrapper object that
would use user spaces to move things around and deal with it that way, or
Richard's method, or..... I've even thought of using JSON for the
communications but that falls apart with CL not having the same
abilities as RPG to parse it. Do I want IBM to spend time/money on this,
well, I have not put an idea in so that kind of indicates in my mind that
it should be left to developers/software vendors. New product idea Brad?

To port any of the open source items now covered by IBMs containers into
the QSYS.lib environment would be self-defeating as the power of open
source from the RPMs would be destroyed. Jessie and the other IBM
leadership understand all of that.

--
Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect