Also, Excel can save as a CSV file, so, if you can convince the users to save the Excel file as CSV, no conversion is necessary. That's typically my own method for uploading spreadsheet sent to me.

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Gad Miron
Sent: Monday, January 17, 2022 9:35 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Import Excel file

Many thanks to all responders

I did suspect that no native IBM Excel-import method is to be found

Luckily, our emulation package (BOSaNova) comes with a built-in file transfer utility that supports Excel (import & export) and can be invoked on the user's PC via STRPCCMD

Not as elegant as I wanted but feasible.

Gad

message: 1
date: Sun, 16 Jan 2022 13:10:29 -0600
from: Bryan Dietz <bdietz400@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: Import Excel file

If you have ACS ?installed? in the IFS there may be the opportunity to
use the batch upload process.

I?ve not tried running batch upload from the IFS, but it seems it
should be possible.

Bryan