Most of our printers accept PDF directly, so, I do something like the following code snippet, where $Open and $Read are the IFS APIs. There is a method that is more complicated where you can trick Inforprint Server using Transform Manger (if you own it) into rendering a PDF into a *AFPDS type object that can be interpreted by any printer. Setting that printer object up is a bit of a trick however because it requires an exit point program, and, probably beyond the scope of something I could help with on this forum.

callp QCMDEXC('OVRPRTF FILE(QSYSPRT) '
+ 'DEVTYPE(*USERASCII) '
+ 'PAGESIZE(60 78) '
+ 'PAGRTT(0) REDUCE(*NONE) '
+ 'OUTQ('+%trim(OQ.LsrOutq)+') '
+ 'SECURE(*YES) '
:1024);

for idx1=1 to %int(PDS.Cpy);
// Print the PDF file from the IFS file
fd=$Open(ToFile:1);
open QSYSPRT;

if fd>=0;
dow ($Read(fd:%addr(PrtBuf):%size(PrtBuf))>0);
write QSYSPRT PrtBufDS;
reset PrtBuf;
enddo;
endif;