On 8/6/21 10:38 AM, Tyler, Matt wrote (and I only just now learned that for some reason the reply went off-List):
To find file names matching pattern: find . -name "*.sql"
To find file names matching pattern in name and text pattern within: find . -name "*.sql" -exec grep -l 'ABCDE' {} \;
To find file names matching pattern in name and text pattern within using REGEX: find . -name "*.sql" -exec grep -l '.*[a-z]' {} \;

I never even imagined that a *nix-style "find" would be available in QShell. I will note that the syntax looks more like the Mac OS version than the Debian version.

But I'm getting some peculiar results.

If I do
find . -name *.jar

in /QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/JavaVM/jdk80/64bit, then it *only* returns ./IBMmisc.jar; it doesn't look in any subdirectories.

And if I do it in /QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/JavaVM/jdk80/64bit/jre/lib, which is *full* of JAR files, then it returns nothing, and instead, I get something even stranger:
find: 001-2187 The option charsets.jar is not valid.

*****