You will most likely need to change the SMTP attributes to test.

Or, if you want you can download MAILTOOL and MAILTOOL Plus and test with
that, as it allows you to use a different mail router at the command, user
or global level, even fall back to another one if one fails.

Since it's a simple test, you could use the command level and just specify
all the normal things (to, from, subject, etc) as well as:

SENDWITH(*MAILTOOL)
MAILRTR(xx.xx.xx.xx)
USERTR(*ONLY)

If the new server requires authentication, a different port and/or SSL/TLS
there are settings for that as well.

Replace xx.xx.xx.xx with your new mail router's host name (or IP address I
guess.. not a fan of using IPs).

Now, this will bypass the IBM SMTP server, but should prove the new server
works when you go to make the switchover in SMTP attributes.

Trial keys are good for 10 days.