I like that suggestion Patrick.

Thanks.

Jay

On Aug 3, 2021, at 7:11 AM, Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm getting the impression that this service does not use anything you configure in
CFGTCP, 12. Change TCP/IP domain information
aka CHGTCPDMN
F10, Domain name server: INTNETADR
But wants that configured within the software itself, ("where" is for you to figure out).

Group Dekko
Dept 1600
Mail to: 7310 Innovation Blvd, Suite 104
Ft. Wayne, IN 46818
Ship to: 7310 Innovation Blvd, Dock 9C
Ft. Wayne, IN 46818
http://www.dekko.com

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Jay Vaughn
Sent: Monday, August 2, 2021 8:05 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: dns/ip resolve error in PASE

ah ok - thanks for that clarification SK.

We used the host table initially because the Linux guy was following my
lead on the IBM i which he is not real familiar with and I'm not either in
the networking side of things.
I "thought" we could use that initially. But turns out it didn't matter
what we put in the host table... it still would not work.

so I went back and reviewed some of our steps...

lead us to creating the /etc/host file at the IFS root, with no luck, then
moved to the actual directory the goLang script runs out of.

we also created a /etc/resolv.conf off the root with some config info,
our Linux guy asked me to put in.
It did not help us.

Last thought from our senior Linux guy was... "find out if there's a way to
have a local hostname resolver (BIND?) running to listen on UDP port 53,
ideally to serve locally configured names"

So sounds a lot like what you mentioned. This particular lpa I'm on is on
7.4 so I'm pretty sure the ptf's exist to support "new BIND version 9 DNS
server"...

I'm looking at the go script now and seeing directories specified with the
last developers name in it. :) Those directories certainly don't exist on
my AIX lpar.

Like I said... Frankenstein project, passed from one to another... for some
reason?

I really need to circle back to the prior developer on this.

Jay

On Mon, Aug 2, 2021 at 7:29 PM Scott Klement <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>