From IBM on a PMR:

<b>Scott.Maxson (IBM)</b>
Scott.Maxson (IBM) changed status from New Case Opened to Awaiting your feedback
Jul 28, 2021, 15:53
<b>Scott.Maxson (IBM)</b>
Scott.Maxson (IBM)
Jul 28, 2021, 15:53

Image catalog based virtual tape can not be used for initial load as there is now way to load the device for the install. There is no install from the cloud either.

With no tape, you would need to use an optical device either a physical device or image catalog hosted from another IBM i. Then you would need re-install the LIC and OS and restore user data. Other wise you can use the BRMS ICC option. This uses images burned to DVD for the OS install and then virtual tape images stored in the cloud for User data.

JD
Jerry Draper (Customer)
Jul 28, 2021, 14:59
Created case: TS006328930