If you want to go low level, you could isolate the SMB session with
wireshark and compare it between a "working" and the i share.
Unless your admin has enabled it, SMB traffic is not encrypted (and it
requires SMB3 for encryption IIRC) so it should be pretty easy to snoop the
connection and see what is different.

Roberto