A couple of thoughts:

1. Are the fields in the PF described with ALWNULL?
2. I don't know why a view created with SQL would be any slower than a view created with DDS.

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Patrik Schindler
Sent: Monday, June 14, 2021 8:05 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [DDS] [V4] Select/omit woes

Hello,

I'm revisiting an old friend of mine, a LF with a select/omit clause.

According to the example show here:

https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/i/7.4?topic=80-comp-comparison-keyword-physical-logical-files

it's valid to use COMP(NE *NULL).

If I use *NULL in my LF as shown there, the DDS compiler complains with CPD7904, *NULL is an invalid value.

Comparing the original DDS with the V4 documentation (https://ibmdocs.pocnet.net/SC41-5712-01.pdf), there has been no change from V4 to V7. At least, I can't see it. ;-)

You can have a look at the DDS source here:

https://leela.pocnet.net/~poc/OSMRPTMLF.pdf

https://leela.pocnet.net/~poc/OSMRPTOLF.pdf

(Dcapf is fed via external perl script automatically, osmatchpf is maintained manually. For every occurrence of a unique entry in dcapf, there must be a matching entry in osmatchpf. Goal is to be able to check for missing and orphaned records in osmatchpf.)

I'd be glad if someone can shed some light on this issue. Thanks!

Please refrain from telling me to use SQL. I do that currently and thus program start is comparatively slow.

:wq! PoC