I do not see the need for a second VM, unless you need geographic
redundancy. The VM should be covered by whatever VM backup technology the
VMWare guys use. I mean, you might not have done a snapshot right before
the upgrade but the VM IS getting backed up with the rest of the VMs,
right? Spectrum Protect Plus, Veeam, etc, one of those should be doing at
least daily backups of the HMC, it's not like it has a huge delta of data
to sync so it shouldn't take long...
If you can see the hash for the file from the website (or if it has a hash
file next to the file) you can use open-source tools to hash your download

Hope you fix it quickly.

Roberto

On Mon, 7 Jun 2021 at 18:06, Shaun Ryan <Shaun.Ryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>