Hi Rob,

I'm peripherally involved with a project where they would like to be able to access files on multiple systems within a single SQL SELECT statement, and when I first read this thread, it sounded like you were doing that, but I'm not sure.  Having tried to do it and failed, I re-read your first post and it seems like you do one system at a time, right?

I was reading https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/ssw_ibm_i_72/ddp/rbal1distributeddata.htm where it says "Within one SQL statement, an application running against a local database can direct SQL requests to one or more remote databases. For example, a program can perform updates to table A on database 1 and table B on database 2 within one SQL statement. The following figure illustrates this idea."

But then I got past the fancy graphics and read "IBM® idistributed relational database supports a subset of the distributed request functionality. It allows update access or read-only access to a single local or remote database in one SQL statement."

My question is, is there some additional software available from IBM or other vendor(s) that allows "access to a single local or remote database in one SQL statement."?

--
*Peter Dow* /
Dow Software Services, Inc.

/