All lpars are running IBM i 7.4. All are at the same PTF levels.

I have an SQL stored procedure which reads from a local file and then updates that value on the rest of our lpars.

CREATE PROCEDURE ROB.PROPAGATE_QLNKOMT()
LANGUAGE SQL MODIFIES SQL DATA
SET OPTION DATFMT = *ISO

P1 : BEGIN
DECLARE OMIT_LIST CHARACTER VARYING ( 32000 ) ;

SELECT FSXCMD INTO OMIT_LIST
FROM QUSRBRM . QA1AFS
WHERE FSNAME = 'QLNKOMT'
;
UPDATE RACK1HST . QUSRBRM . QA1AFS
SET FSXCMD = OMIT_LIST
WHERE FSNAME = 'QLNKOMT' ;
UPDATE GDWEB . QUSRBRM . QA1AFS
SET FSXCMD = OMIT_LIST
WHERE FSNAME = 'QLNKOMT' ;
UPDATE GDISYS . QUSRBRM . QA1AFS
SET FSXCMD = OMIT_LIST
WHERE FSNAME = 'QLNKOMT' ;
... more lpars follow ...

The first two complete successfully. GDISYS aborts the procedure.

Host job QZDASOINIT sees:
CPF916A Message . . . . : Syntax error detected in received DDM data stream.

GDISYS client job QRWTSRVR sees:
CPF916A Message . . . . : Syntax error detected in received DDM data stream.
SQ30080 Message . . . . : Communication error occurred during distributed database processing.
Cause . . . . . : A communication error occurred. Possible reasons include:
-- The remote system is not available.
-- The communications network is not available.
-- The userid used to start the connection may not exist on the remote
system.
-- The remote system may require the password to be encrypted.
-- The password may not be valid for the userid. The characters and case
of the password specified must match exactly the password on the remote
system.
-- A server authorization entry for the remote system, if used, may be
incorrect. Server names must be in upper case. The QRETSVRSEC system value
must be set to '1' to retain passwords.
If message CPE3425 (connection refused) precedes this message, the cause
may be:
-- The DDM/DRDA TCP/IP server is not started on the remote system.
-- An incorrect port was specified for the remote system.
-- The remote system is restricting DRDA ports.
-- The SOCKS server, if used, is not configured properly.
The APPC major return code is &1 and the minor return code is &2. For
TCP/IP, both return codes will be 00. If the return codes are not both 00,
their meaning can be found in the APPC Programming topic in the Information
Center, http://www.ibm.com/systems/i/infocenter/.

I can successfully run these commands from the same run sql script session:
SELECT FSXCMD
FROM GDISYS . QUSRBRM . QA1AFS
WHERE FSNAME = 'QLNKOMT'
;
UPDATE GDISYS . QUSRBRM . QA1AFS
SET FSXCMD = FSXCMD
WHERE FSNAME = 'QLNKOMT' ;

So connection works between the source and GDISYS.

IBM case number TS003874013

Group Dekko
Dept 1600
Mail to: 2505 Dekko Drive