TA,

Try looking into the TELNET exit points. That might do the trick for you. Here's a link for reference:

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_72/rzaiw/rzaiwexitsample.htm

-mark

On 4/30/2020 9:38 AM, ~TA~ wrote:
I agree, this is a screwy request. Unfortunately, I need to pursue it.

This solution is the closest I've found to getting what I need. Which is...
"From the target system, reach back and get the workstation ID from the source system."

Two positive things working for me are:
1. The telnet is always IBM-i-to-IBM-i (both on v7.3)
2. The telnet is always _TO_ our corporate system, so the IP address will always be the same and the "remote host name" will always be the same. There is the current snag - I don't know how to determine the host name of our corporate system. I checked the TCP/IP Host Table Entries and tried both of those...

CORPORATE.xxxxxxxxxx.COM and
CORPORATE

and neither worked in the second SQL here.

How do I find the host name?

Thank you.

~TA~