You may have to point apps at the new java version with classpath and the
like but installed is its normal state. Like Steve said, good to go.

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 5:05 PM Steve Pitcher <SPitcher@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It's fine to use James.

Steve Pitcher

iTech Solutions Group, LLC

p: (203) 744-7854 Ext. 176 | m: (902) 301-0810

www.itechsol.com | www.iInTheCloud.com

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of James H. H. Lampert
Sent: Monday, March 16, 2020 5:50 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Installing Licensd Programs -- this time on a V7R2 box, for a
different customer

This time, it's another customer, running V7R2. They report that they just
installed 5770JV1 options 17 and 18. They are showing a status of
"Installed," rather than "Compatible"; my understanding is that this
generally means something else has to happen.

I checked their PTF Group 99716 (as per the IBM page linked at the
beginning of this thread). It shows levels 14 and 19 with a status of
"Installed." Everything in both levels shows either applied or superseded.

What else needs to happen before their Java 8 is actually in a usable
state? An IPL? Something else?

--
JHHL
https://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l.