Troy,

Have you checked to see if maybe the SSL certificate they are using is a
wildcard one (ie *.domain.com)?

The base SSL APIs (which apparently are used by the FTP client on the IBM i
still) don't play nice with wildcard certificates. The GSKit APIs do.

I was told last year to stop using the "legacy" SSL APIs because of this.
Which tells me they're not going to update them.

It's a longshot... but that issue did cause some very weird error messages
(that made no sense) until I switched my applications over to use GSKit
that worked with SNI and wildcard certs.

Bradley V. Stone
www.bvstools.com
MAILTOOL Benefit #3 <https://www.bvstools.com/mailtool.html>: No 400 byte
or less message limit as with SNDDST or SNDSMTPEMM.