We’ve tried ping, telnet, and traceroute.

Ping no replies. (Though this proves nothing like you say because pings to other servers we can sftp to also gets no replies).
Traceroute confirmed to our network engineer the traffic was making it off our server.
Remember, we can connect to other vendors from this lpar using same sftp method.

I think I will compare the traceroute between the no love server and a well know server as you suggest or even a server we can connect to. That could be enlightening.

Jay

Sent from my iPhone