From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of
Michael Quigley
Sent: Monday, December 30, 2019 19:31
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion' <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: mkdir() API and IFS authorities

Kevin/Scott and others,

Kevin--Yes that's what we're talking about.

Thanks to all who responded.

The issue came down to the requirement for the Mode to be passed by value.
The requirements for the system where this is being run are that this
routine be written in COBOL. (Hence, I haven't posted the sample code as
most on this list wouldn't follow it.)

I added the "BY VALUE" phrase for Mode and now I'm getting the expected
results. I found this before IBM got back to me on the Case (formerly known
as PMR) by searching through previous code working in the IFS.

Thanks for the responses to Kevin and all who responded.

Michael Quigley
Computer Services
The Way international
www.TheWay.org