Actually your copybook does use the options(*string), but I just stripped that code out off a fix format program and it compiled and worked, so didn't bother fixing it up. I'm not having the issue. My example is how it is working for me, which is the way I expect it to, and the way it is documented to work. It's not working for Michael, and I think he is going to open up a PMR. My example was just to make sure Michael and I were talking apples to apples.

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Scott Klement
Sent: Monday, December 30, 2019 2:42 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: mkdir() API and IFS authorities

Kevin,

Thanks for the example. From what you've posted there, you are doing this:

Mode = S_Ixusr // My user profile - *X only
+ S_Iroth + S_Iwoth; // Other (*PUBLIC) *RW Path = '/kevin/mkdirtest/newfolder' + x'00'; Mkdir(%Addr(Path):Mode);

This code looks like it was written for V3R2 with the manual x'00' and %addr(). It'd be nice to modernize that a bit to use options(*string), but the old way still works.

As the comments say, you're asking for your user profile to have *X and the public to have *RW. in your screenshot that follows the code you show this:

*PUBLIC *RW
KEVIN *X

As far as I can tell, this is exactly what was expected. Can you
explain what the trouble is?

-SK