Well, that's just data area-ist. lol. In this case it's all home grown
software and been in use for over 25 years... and it's pretty slick. But
if everyone follows your advice of not using it, they won't have the ooops
of someone writing over the data.

Nothing is absolute. or is it...

No need to apologize. I know where you're coming from. I just never like
to say never... or did I just say never?