Hi!

I would say that an end-customer gets close to 30% discount here if the
reseller also wants to earn something - for a P05 System.

to your other arguments i must say that none of this aditional cost apply
to the Dell server or to a Dell SMB storage (SCV...).

So i know all this arguments but in reallity (in the SMB customer range) i
think its a fact that IBM charges way too much and i feel really sorry
about that because i like the IBM-i platform but it makes it extremly
difficult for us to attract new customers to it.

Additionally i dont want to start a flame-war here about dell vs hp vs ibm
vs ... we have a dell server (and are reseller) and we own a IBM-i P05
since last year (and are reseller) because we liked the platform and
could afford it at that time. but we had to look at the money very
carefully and so we only have 10k disks. Our 6 Year old Dell server is
full of SSDs.

Keeping customers on the IBM-i is way easier than getting new customers to
this platform and IBM does not really help. And believe me we are trying
our best ;-)

Greetings,
Franz