Get a room you two!

Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com

On Dec 12, 2018, at 5:09 PM, Niels Liisberg <NLI@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Just a short comment on CCSID: ILEastic, ILEusion and noxDB is all UTF-8 -
even in the SQLCLI interface to Db2. When it hits version 1.0.0 it will be
stable, however I am still working on noxDB - all coding is done - but
testing is quite a bit of work. So China 🇨🇳 and Denmark 🇩🇰 here we
come!!

@Liam - did you call me genius! Thanks 🙏 so are you
ons. 12. dec. 2018 kl. 21.59 skrev Vernon Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
:

Hi Richard

You and I were both there when you were lobbying for Samba support - and
I knew and felt your frustration there. Nonetheless, I think things are
significantly different now.

RFEs are not the same as the requirements process that was in COMMON,
and CAAC's involvement is not the same, either. That involvement
consists of reviewing and adding our weight yay or nay for RFEs we feel
have significance for the small/medium businesses that make up COMMON
for the most part.

RFEs have features like letting people add comments and to vote for them
- comments were possible with requirements but almost never used. Votes
is something I wish had been there, but it wasn't.

You are aware that Help Systems now does development of RDi - and RFEs
for that are being processed quite rapidly, that I have seen.

With the new open source methodology using YUM to install applications,
that realm is also very different. And fixes that used to take weeks can
get done in days - Jesse has told us in CAAC about some examples - I
would think they are not NDA but I didn't write anything down.

So I encourage people to look to the RFE process optimistically. IBM
have certain procedures in place to respond within a reasonable time
period - details can be seen on the RFE pages, I believe - and it's
better than our experience with the previous process.

And you do say how you appreciate these efforts - this all has me very
excited about the future of this platform RFEs are the best way now, I
believe, to get our voices heard at IBM.

Cheers
Vern