PCML (which is what is being generated into the module) is intended for use primarily by the Java toolbox. Therefore it only accommodates return values of a size and style that are usable by the Java interface - and that means a four byte integer is the only acceptable return value. Change your test code to return a 10I and you'll see.

What RTNPARM does under the covers is to move the return value to be the first parameter, the real fist parm becomes the second, the second becomes the third, etc. And that makes it all acceptable to the toolbox interface.

Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com