On 2018-12-11 3:39 PM, Alan Shore wrote:
Thanks Peter
Been killing myself trying to work out what the problem was
One dope slap to me

When you get a compiler message you don't understand, it's always worthwhile trying the compile again with OPTION(*SECLVL) to see the additional information for the message. It doesn't always help, but often there's some good information there.

In this case, one of the things that the message RNF0320 would tell you is to "compile again specifying *ALL as the second part of the PGMINFO command parameter; the compiler will generate the program information to the stream file specified in the INFOSTMF parameter, allowing you to see the error messages which appear as comments in the generated stream file."

If you tried the compile again, specifying
CRTRPGMOD ... PGMINFO(*PCML *ALL) INFOSTMF(temp.pcml)
then you'd see the following message in the temp.pcml IFS file:

"<!-- Error: return value must have type="int" and length="4". (E) -->"