Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com

On Nov 26, 2018, at 8:02 PM, Don Brown <DBrown@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Does the PHP and CGIDEV2 both go through the same HTTP server ? Which HTTP
Server ?

Maybe Paul will chime in with a copy of his presentation ... hopefully!

Don Brown

"MIDRANGE-L" <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 27/11/2018 10:57:31
AM:

From: "Jon Paris" <jon.paris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Midrange-L Midrange-l" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 27/11/2018 10:57 AM
Subject: Re: IBM I as a web server?

Oh - that's hard to answer. Paul could do a better job - he has a
[presentation on how it is built but I can't put my hands on it.

By the way - I didn't mention the fact that the static pages are
also built dynamically from the maintenance system. Most of those
are CGIDEV2 using SQL/Stored procedures behind it.

As to your question on mixing the two.

Some of the screens are straight CGIDEV2, some are straight PHP. The
majority of the pages the user will see (as opposed to the site
administrators) are CGIDEV2. The bulk of the pages that are used
behind the scenes are PHP.

But all are "mixed" to some degree using Javascript to call backend
functions - some of those backend functions are RPG and some are PHP.

For example one part is a multi-tab interface which you step
through. It culminates in a PHP script being called to set-up the
credit card processing, once that completes the confirmation email
is also sent by PHP with back end RPG processes providing the data.

Hard to describe because it has "evolved" over time.

Hope this helps a bit.

Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com