Oracle wants you off the platform, why would they fix it?

They want you to buy one of the other "solutions " they sell.

Jim Oberholtzer
Agile Technology Architects

On Nov 6, 2018, at 3:23 PM, Bob Cagle <bcagle@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Nathan

I'm in a 'packaged code' shop - we use JDE World, so no, I won't be writing thousands of these screens. I was just looking for a discussion into what most people use.

This particular file does have a parent-child setup, so there is a little bit of complexity to it.

I will most likely use one of the utilities already suggested - but I will probably also still create the green-screen just for those users who are more comfortable with it.

Thanks
Bob

p.s. Really wish Oracle would modernize JDE World...

-----Original Message-----
From: Nathan Andelin

Bob,

You indicated that the basis for your question is your needing to maintain one IBM i file via a "modern" user interface. If that were the scope of the project, then would it even matter which platform to run it on, or which language to use, or whether to use a utility to do it, or to write a program?

Your question would be more relevant if you had say a thousand files to maintain, and a lot of files have parent-child relationships, relevant business rules, and data validation logic. Say you need to drill down multiple levels according to parent-child relationships. Say you need to filter and order the data by any field in the table.

Nathan.