Just to be certain you will use PWRDWNSYS to power down the partitions right? Just doing so via the HMC 5250 Console.

Depending on how long they sit in restricted state first pwrdwnsys can still take some time so watch the hMC for SRC codes until the partitions show they are down.

Once all down then power off the server via the HMC. Finally the HMC.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.Frankeni.com