From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Winchester Terry
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2018 5:21 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: RE: Looking for like-minded programmers who use the enhanced features of 5250

+1

We are in a similar boat...

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bob Cagle
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2018 6:23 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion

Also don't forget the shops that are stuck with a green-screen ERP (JDE World in my situation). Can I code new apps in modern GUI? Yes. Do the users want it? No, not always. I've specifically been requested to code new apps in green screen for uniformity.

p.s. Yes, we would love to upgrade to JDE E1 (modern GUI version), but have an owner that has zero desire to spend the money.

Thanks

Bob Cagle
IT Manager
Lynk

From: Booth Martin

However there is the other camp , also very large, of programmers in shops that are green screen and going to remain in green screen; shops that are stuck at V5R4, shops that are in the 8th year of their 90-day transition to a "modern" solution, shops where the staff is sharply divided between The Ancients and >The Young Un's. These shops, for whatever reason, are staying with 5250 and, by default, still programming like it's 1992.

Confidentiality Notice: The preceding e-mail message (including any attachments) contains information that may be confidential, protected by applicable legal privileges, or constitute non-public information. It is intended to be conveyed only to the designated recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender by replying to this message and then delete it from your system. Use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this message by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful.
at https://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l<https://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l>.