From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of DrFranken
Sent: Wednesday, April 4, 2018 8:52 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: VIOS Console session

I have not yet met an SSH in the browser I didn't hate.
PUTTY I LOVE.
I have found that even customers that don't let me install apps I can
still use
Putty because it does not require installation. You can go to the
download
site and click to download then instead of save just run.

I have at other customers left putty.exe in my /home directory on IBM
i then
map a drive and run it from there. If you have the authority you can
also
export your putty keys to a file there. Double clicking that it
installs those
keys so that when you run putty all the connections and properties are
there. Awesome! Even if it all goes away when you close the desktop
it's so
simple to do it's worth it.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.Frankeni.com