I use the following for “dig”

dig hostname(‘1.2.3.4’) reverse(*yes) ipvsn(*ipv4only) short(*yes)

bryan

On Mar 20, 2018, at 1:00 PM, Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I think there was some general discussion in the industry that nslookup
should be deprecated for dig. However that tide petered out and nslookup
is not being deprecated. I have nothing further to say on that as I'm no
expert on that.

For one thing, when I run
nslookup 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx'
I get back the name. I don't get that with dig. Then again, maybe I have
to put a bunch of options on it that aren't there by default.

Group Dekko
Dept 1600
Mail to: 2505 Dekko Drive
Garrett, IN 46738